The Killarney Arts Council is offering their annual membership subscription this month, and there are two options for folks to look into.
"Our memberships are available for the next month and they are good for the whole year," explains Arts Administrator, Giselle Beaupre. "We have a membership with no benefits for $30, and we have a membership with benefits for $50."
"The Board recently revamped our Membership Fees schedule in order to give our members more bang for their buck! We believe that supporters of the Arts play a critical role when it comes to us being able to "provide a creative, dynamic, all-inclusive space to facilitate and promote the regional growth of our vibrant arts and cultural community." (Strategic Plan 2023) "So here is what we are offering you for the upcoming year:" she says.
Membership with benefits $50
- Tax receipt
- Gift store discount (5%)
- Advance notice of events
- Early registration and lower pricing (5%)
- Free drop in
- Being a patron of the arts
- Subscription to digital newsletter
Regular membership (no benefits) $30
- Drop In Fees –regular members and non-members $5
If you are interested in becoming a member you can drop by the Heritage Home for the Arts or call 204-554-0023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments can be made by cash, cheque or Etransfer! Fees will be due by September 30th and are good until August 31, 2024.
After a busy summer with kid's art programs, and outdoor concerts, Beaupre says the Heritage Home for the Arts is a bit quieter this month of September. Of course, they have regular exhibitions adorning the walls of the gallery (and this month's exhibition features the incredible work of Brandon photographer, Tim Smith with reception today Saturday, Sept 9th, from 2-4m).
On the horizon for the Fall season, there are a number of activities and events coming up, including more workshops and tutorials.
Performing Arts -
- DUST RHINOS (celtic rock), Music on the Porch 7pm on August 26th, Tickets $30. Green's Dog House will be on site! Come early for a hotdog and a possible warm up show! Stay tuned to social media for this announcement!
- MADELEINE ROGERS (smooth folksy vocals/guitar), coffeehouse at the Oak and Owl, 7pm on October 7th, Tickets $20
- JAKE VAADELAND AND THE STURGEON RIVER BOYS (rockabilly), first of our Performing Arts Series, 7pm at the Royal Canadian Legion on Saturday, October 21st, Tickets $30 (or $75 for the series)
- GREG PERSONIUS (classic country), coffeehouse at the Oak and Owl, 7pm on Saturday, November 4th, Tickets $20
- NOTAS DE 4 (Latin Jazz ensemble), second of our Performing Arts Series, Saturday, January 27, 2024, Tickets $30 (or $75 for the series)
- CHASE PADGETT 6 GUITARS (Musical Comedy), third of our Performing Arts Series, 7pm at the Royal Canadian Legion on Saturday, March 16, 2023, Tickets $30 (or $75 for the series)
Gift Shop -
Open Tuesday to Saturday, 1 to 4pm. Our shop features a variety of handmade/creative items that are ideal as gifts or for your own home!
Gift Shop Gala and Meet and Greet, Thursday, August 31st from 1 to 4pm. Come meet some of the people who make and sell these amazing things! You may even catch some of them at work!
- CHAIR YOGA, Mondays and Fridays at 10:30am, Heritage Home and led by Melinda Moore. $100/punch card, good for 10 classes, no expiry.
- OIL PAINTING WORKSHOP, with Kathleen Lagace on September 24th
- TAPESTRY WEAVING, Sunday, November 5th, 1pm to 4pm. $90 per person/project. Instructed by Maureen Lyons.
- MORE DATES TO FOLLOW: Oils, Acrylic Pours, Variety of Resin projects.
- Youth Programming in progress and will be available soon.
- SEPTEMBER: Tim Smith photography, "In This World But Not of It". Hutterite life and people seen through Tim's camera lense over the past 14 years.
- OCTOBER: "River", Textile and Fibre Artist of Manitoba (TFAM)
- NOVEMBER: 2nd Annual Members Show. If you are a member and would like to participate in this year's Members Show, please contact me by email or phone!
- DECEMBER: "Living in Colour" by Louise Gardiner. An amazing array of handmade, functional objects that bring a sunny smile to anyone who uses them.
Tickets and Registration for these events can be purchased by calling 204-554-0023 or emailing email@example.com.
Visiting the gallery is always free, donations are welcome and much appreciated!
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, DiscoverWestman encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the DiscoverWestman app.